Effective July 1, 2023, the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Voice Engineer Expert (MS-720) certification will be replaced by Microsoft 365 Certified: Collaboration Communications Systems Engineer Associate (MS-721), and both names will appear on your transcript.
The MS-721 exam is currently available in beta and will be generally available in mid-March of this year.
The list below contains the competencies measured on this exam in order to receive this certification.
- Plan and design collaborative communication systems
- Set up and manage Teams meetings and events
- Configure and manage Teams Phone
- Configure and manage Teams rooms and devices
- Microsoft – Learn – MS-720 Certification Page
- Microsoft – Learn – MS-721 Certification Page
- Microsoft – Study Guide for Passing the MS-721 Exam
Once again, you’ll have to adjust with the new certification to be able to show your skills in configuring and deploying Microsoft Teams telephony, but this time Microsoft is adding equipment such as meeting rooms and peripherals such as desk phones or even shared devices.