Microsoft announced at Ignite that the Microsoft Teams Premium license is now available as a free trial. Not all features are available yet in this trial version, but this will be added as time goes by. However, you can add it to your Office 365 account, in order to prepare for its generally available release scheduled for February 2023.
Teams Premium makes every meeting, from one-on-one meetings to large meetings, from virtual meetings to webinars, more personalized, intelligent and secure. With Teams Premium, you can:
- Extend your organization’s brand and corporate culture through meetings with branded scenes, organizational backgrounds, and how to organize together.
- Use AI to make the meetings you attend (and miss) more productive and impactful with live subtitle translation to remove language barriers and smart recap features that offer smarter recordings with automatically generated chapters, AI-suggested action items and information to quickly catch up on missed appointments where your name was mentioned.
- Apply advanced meeting protection such as watermarking, end-to-end meeting encryption and meeting sensitivity labels with prevent copy/paste of meeting chat to better protect your virtual meetings.
- Deliver a high quality webinar experience with advanced features to streamline event workflows with a registration queue and manual approval, facilitate behind-the-scenes actions with a virtual green room for presenters (separate from attendees) before the event starts, and manage the attendee experience so they only see shared content and attendees brought to the screen.
- Manage the end-to-end virtual appointment experience with advanced features such as text reminders, customized branded virtual appointments and a centralized virtual appointment dashboard for quick overview of schedules, queues and analytics to track key usage information such as no-shows and wait time information per appointment.
If you would like an update on the general availability of Teams Premium, sign up at https://aka.ms/GetTeamsPremiumUpdates
What is available today in this License as a trial version?
In the Meeting Policies section you will be able to activate the watermark for meetings with videos and/or for content sharing.
In the new Meeting Templates section, you will be able to create meetings available for users with common needs or a common project.
Are there any current Teams features that will move to Teams Premium?
Yes indeed, when Teams Premium is generally available, some Teams features will be moved from Teams to Teams Premium licenses. To enable your users to continue using these features, you will need to purchase and license Teams Premium.
Features that migrate to Teams Premium are:
- Live translated captions.
- Timeline markers in Teams meeting records (arrival/departure)
- Customized organization of the scenes in Ensemble mode.
- Virtual appointments: SMS notifications.
- Virtual appointments: Organizational analyses in the Teams Administration Center.
- Virtual appointments: view of the scheduled queue.
When Teams Premium is generally available for purchase, administrators will have a 30-day grace period to purchase Teams Premium.
Upon release, Teams Premium will be available for purchase worldwide through all Microsoft buying channels, including EA, EAS, EES, CSP, Web Direct, NCE – customer driven and NCE – partner driven.
- Microsoft – TechnoCommunity – Preview announcement
- Microsoft – Form – Stay up to date on the latest Microsoft Teams Premium features
- Microsoft – Learn – Microsoft Teams Premium Licensing
- Microsoft – Learn – Microsoft Teams Premium – Overview for administrators
- Microsoft – YouTube Mechanics
- Microsoft – Microsoft Teams Premium Activation (Trial version)